Born and bred in Albury, Matt Chahda is one of motorsports most exciting young drivers. At 21, Matt is in peak fitness and is focussed squarely on a successful professional career as a racing car driver.
In 2007, Matt began racing go-karts, winning his very first competitive race. From than point Matt was addicted to winning and has come a long way since first strapping a the helmet on and jumping in a Kart.
A second generation race driver, Matt has just wrapped up 4th place in the 2014 Kumho Tyres V8 Touring Car Series in his #18 BA Falcon V8 Supercar. Following his father Amin’s foot steps as a championship driver, winner of the AMRC V8 Touring Car Challenge in the mid 2000’s.
Matt’s passion for motorsport extends far beyond the driver’s seat. Matt graduated with a Diploma of Motorsport in 2012 at Motorsports Training Australia, and is currently completing his motor mechanics apprenticeship with the family business, Albury’s Falcon Spares and Repairs.
- 4th place 2014 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series Championship
- 1st place H Class 2014 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series Championship
- Recipient of “Under 25 Award” for the 2014 Kumho V8 Touring Car Series
- 2nd place 2012 Formula Ford NSW State Series
- “Rookie of the Year” 2012 Formula Ford NSW State Series
- Round win at 2012 Las Vegas “Legend Cars” world titles, amazing fellow competitors with an off-the-aeroplane pole position, and winning 2 of 3 races, including a win from last place in race 2’s reverse grid start. Matt left the Las Vegas crowd stunned when he took out the round.
- 2nd place 2011 Matt Rotax light go-kart championship
2014 V8 Kuhmo Tyres Touring Car Series Results
|POS||Car #||Driver||Class||Mallala||Winton||Qld Raceway||Phillip Island||Wakefield Park||Sydney Motorsport Park||Series Points||Penalty Points||Series Points after Penalties|